Site Meter Photobucket
The WeatherPixie

Friday, October 05, 2007

Work experience week 1

Firstly Im absolutely fucked!!! I have been at Toyota Parts Handling since Tuesday (Monday being a public holiday) and its fantastic, I am thoroughly enjoying myself! Two qualm's though!
1. Im sick to death of washing my hair every night! ( Getting it chopped off very shortly)
2. Theres a bread factory across the road so the tool shed (where I work) smells of pastries etc and it makes me hungry lol

But everyone is wonderful I am partnered with a Pommy who has only arrived from the UK in June. Funny guy seems to bump his head many times during the day lol.

I have literally been run off my feet (they are killing me thats for sure) my first few days consisted of small forklifts which wasnt too bad. We had an engine out and back in within one day which was good. At the moment though working on a 7 tonne forklift (I dont think the forklift is 7 tonne I am gathering it picks up 7 tonnes of steel.) Anyway the impact gun wouldnt undo the nuts so we had to use a breaker bar and a big arse pole for leverage. When these nuts crack they certainly crack!!!! I was holding the pole down the bottom to hold everything into place so we dont strip the nuts, each time I was holding my breath waiting for something bad to happen. But hey we got there in the end and its much easier to put the tyres back on thank god.... Heres a video of what we were doing, I was down the bottom when I was doing but in this I am holding the camera (hehehe) Gareth the guy I am partnered with is holding the bottom and shaun up the top!



So I have been busy and very tired and sore!!!

Anyway it is time for me to go and prepare dinner!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home